- If you fill out a registration form to download music or buy any kind of music, we will only use this information to send you information about other music or something else we believe you will be interested in. We wonâ€™t abuse this, and we will NEVER give or sell your email address to another company or person. We intend to make the Al Bell Presents website a â€œspam-freeâ€ zone.
- If you found Al Bell Presents through a link on another website, we may let that site know that they sent you to us. Donâ€™t worry; weâ€™ll still keep your registration and email information private. Other than that one case, we won’t share any information that identifies you as an individual with any other third party. Not ever.
- If/when we have a community or social network application in this website, whatever personal information you post is your responsibility. We can’t be responsible for what happens to that information, so be smart about what you post.
- We are required by different rights organizations to track the music played that is played through our Internet radio channel(s) so we can make sure that the artists are paid. However, we will never report on what you individually are listening to.
- To personalize advertising we may pass along your age, gender, geographic region, or other information â€“ but NEVER YOUR NAME â€“ to our advertising service provider so the ad server can personalize the ads for you. We will never send any information that identifies you as an individual.
- We take great care to ensure that any personal information you store on the Al Bell Presents website is secure and safeguarded at all times
AL BELL PRESENTS
(EFFECTIVE AS OF NOVEMBER 1, 2008)
The types of information we collect
We have several areas where you can submit information to us, and we also have features that automatically collect information from the users of the Al Bell Presents website and online radio channel(s).
Information voluntarily provided by you
Registration: When you download a music track or purchase any merchandise through the Al Bell Presents website, you will be asked to provide information that allows us to expedite whatever you are trying to do. During this registration process you will be asked to provide your email address, year of birth, gender and zip code, and you must supply a password to us. It is your responsibility to keep your password strictly confidential.
When purchasing any products through the Al Bell Presents website you also will be asked to provide, via secure server, your name and a valid credit card number, along with your credit card’s security code and expiration date as well as the zip code to which your credit card statement is sent to you.
Communications from Al Bell Presents and various newsletters: In order to keep our registered users and subscribers informed about whatâ€™s going on in the digital music world, and new features at the Al Bell Presents website, we may from time to time send messages to your personal email address. If you elected to opt in to our email list, we may also send newsletters or promotional emails to you. You are always free to change your email preferences by following the instructions provided in the “Edit Your Account Info” section of the Site. In the event we send you a promotional e-mail, each such email will include instructions detailing how you may unsubscribe from our mailing list.
Contacting Us: You are always free to contact us with a question or problem related to your use of the Al Bell Presents website. Our standard business practice is to retain any communications from our registered users, subscribers and website visitors to help us to serve each of you better.
Channel and Website Sharing: Al Bell Presents offers widgets that allow you to place links to our music channel(s) and the Al Bell Presents website directly on your social networking pages, including Facebook and MySpace. To do this you will be required to provide us some personal information through a standard registration form. As noted above, we will only use this information to send you information about other music or something else we believe you will be interested in. We wonâ€™t abuse this, and we will NEVER give or sell your email address to another company or person. Any information you post on your personal social networking pages will be considered public information and Al Bell Presents cannot be held responsible for any information you choose to make public.
Third-party information provided to us
Partners: We may receive information about you from third parties, including other websites, retailers, or service providers through which we provide access to registration for the Al Bell Presents website, among others. It is possible that these Partners provide us with a user/member name that you already use in connection with that Partner’s products or services or that you or it have otherwise pre-selected as part of the promotion.
Links: When using our Al Bell Presents website, you may click through certain links or promotions that will enable you to purchase products or use services provided by our Partners. Some of these Partners may share certain information that you provide to them with us. By clicking on and through to a link or promotion via the Al Bell Presents website, you agree to allow us to receive and use any information (except for credit card information) that you may provide to our Partners, under the same terms and conditions as if you provided your information directly to us. We are not, however, responsible for any other websites or services, or their respective privacy policies or how they treat information about their members. We strongly advise you to check their privacy policies to find out how they are treating your personal information.
Marketing Data: We may purchase marketing data from third parties and add it to our existing user database to better target our advertising and to provide pertinent offers in which we think you would be interested. We may also associate this marketing data to the personally identifiable information they have provided to us.
Automatic Data Collection
Copyright Tracking: Al Bell Presents uses software that is designed to protect the copyrights associated with the tracks you listen to. In order to make sure that artists and copyright owners receive applicable royalties, this software identifies and counts the songs you have accessed. We use this data to report and pay royalties and for internal analysis, and we share this data with certain Partners for their own analysis. We do not share your personal usage data with any third parties. We may use your personal usage data for a variety of Al Bell Presents services-related purposes including, without limitation, for displaying advertising to users of the free ad-supported version of the Al Bell Presents online channel(s) and website.
Advertiser Cookies: We also use third party advertising companies to deliver ads to you when you use the Al Bell Presents website and listen to the online radio channel(s). In the course of providing this service, our third-party advertising company may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser which collects non-personally identifiable information about your visits to Al Bell Presents, such as the number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number or other personal information).